Yay! So today I'm very excited as I have a manicure to share with you that I think is one of the best I've ever done! (Get ready for an excessive amount of images). I'm calling it an Ikat design.... but I'm actually not 100% sure what Ikat means.... I've just seen other similar designs called that.
Oh well....I won't keep ranting on about it..... so here's some pictures =D
But please scroll down for the polishes used and inspiration :)
Ok the polishes
The lovely lovely blue background is China Glaze "For Audrey" (can you guess how much I love it?)
And for the ikat design in my best attempt at lightest to darkest:
1. (Yellow) China glaze "Lemon Fizz"
2. (Turquoise) OPI "fly"
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme wear "Pacific blue"
4. (Metalic turquoise) Revlon "Ocean Breeze"
5. (Greeny dusky turquoise) China Glaze "exotic encounters"
6. (Royal bright blue) OPI "Eurso Euro"
7. (Darker blue) OPI "Road house blues"
I didn't think up the idea all by myself- I was inspired by this lovely image on Pinterest. Unfortunately I can't find a reference for it, so please let me know if you know who painted it originally.
I used a small Loew-Cornell 6/0 liner brush to paint the design- which was just lots of little dashes in the same direction.