Monday 16 December 2013

Purple Marbled Gradient with MoYou Suki 07 Stamped Swirls

Hi Everyone!

I hope your weeks are all off to good starts. Today I have a marbled gradient to share with you that I am quite fond of. I am huge fan of purple polishes and I have wanted to do a purple gradient for some time. I decided to do a marbled gradient instead of a sponged gradient and I'm so glad I did!


My tutorial for this marbled gradient can be found here....and it is a lot easier than you might assume! Has anyone ever tried out this alternate style of gradient? Which do you prefer (marbled or sponged)?

With the purples I think this manicure looks magical!

The Polishes used in order from light to dark were:
OPI: You're such a Budapest
OPI: Do you Lilac it?
China Glaze: Grape pop
OPI: Vant to bite my neck?


In order to enter this manicure into the MoYou December Pinterest contest I decided to stamp over it in Essie No Place like Chrome with a stamp from MoYou London's Suki Collection plate 07. I actually prefer the unstamped version where all the marbling of colours is easier to see...but oh well I still love them. Which do you like?

If you would like to vote for this manicure in the contest please like and repin here. 
There are lots of other amazing manicures to look at too!





 

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Have a great week!

Chanfie
xx

12 comments:

  1. I like both the unstamped and stamped version !! :) Its my first time being on your blog :3!!I love your blog:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through the Will Paint Nails for Food's Group Critique, I'm a little late in commenting but I just wanted to say that I really love your blog! Your designs are all fabulous and your blog looks great! I'm super glad I found yours through it! The only thing I can think to give feedback on would be that the font of your watermark on the photos is a little difficult to read but that's a small thing. Hope everything is well and can't wait to see what you post next (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks for your advice! I will have a look for a better font!
      I'm so glad you like my blog <3

      Delete
  3. Hello there,
    I'm Christine of Nail*ine It! with the Beginner Blog Bootcamp. I must say you have a wonderful and beautiful blog, from photo quality to writing and layout of posts. I've actually been watching your nail art and hadn't had the chance to tell you how beautiful it is, but then I saw you in the Bootcamp and knew it was time. Honestly, the only thing I can suggest is you adding a page/jump breaks, so that when people visit your blog they can see more nail art from the home page. Another blogger suggested this to me and it's made a huge difference to my blog. Otherwise, your blog is wonderful and I'm excited to see what you come up with next! Also, I'm loving this marbled gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine!

      Thanks so much for your feedback! I had no idea until this morning that you could make page breaks in blogger! I definitely plan to start doing them in my next posts!

      How great is this bloggers bootcamp? There is so many little things you don't think of that can make a huge difference to your blog!

      And wow I'm so flattered that you had been visiting my blog! You should comment more often ;) hehe

      Chandelle

      Delete
  4. I think page breaks are a total subjective thing - some people like them and some people don't. (I myself don't like them.) But, I freakin' love this look on your nails! It's awesome!! :D Seriously, I'd keep this on my nails for days and days! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind page breaks. I think they would help with my 'site health' too. It's always saying it takes too long to load but I don't want to have smaller pictures haha.
      And thanks so much :) I wore them until they started coming off from doing the dishes!

      Delete
  5. These look gorgeous! I've never tried a marbled gradient but I've bookmarked your tutorial and I'm definitely going to give them a try soon :) The swirly stamping looks great on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you try the technique! For me it's actually easier than using a sponge :)

      Delete
  6. love this gradient! in fact I love all your creations, you are very creative and aesthetic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this gradient, in fact I love all your creations, you have a beautiful and aesthetic taste, I'm looking forward to try this, but I'm not of the kind of person that easly gets so beautiful results at the first try...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful design. loving the colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)